Tuesday 12 June 2012

Hello!

Hi Everyone, I have been sooo busy over half term that I haven't had time to post, so here is a little update.

My Niece Amber came to stay and it was lovely to spend an evening crafting with her. I bought her some card making stuff for Christmas and so she had a field day using the Cuttlebug, dies and embossing folders and getting a little stash together to take home, she also made herself a little note pad for school. I have a feeling a Cuttlebug will be on the Christmas list this year and I may have got her hooked on Stampin Up at the age of 12, she is destined to be poor!

Despite the horrendous weather we had on the island at the end of last week and a lot of disruption to the ferry services we did manage to get home for my Dad's 50th Birthday celebrations. We had a lovely weekend catching up with all the family and the boy's had a great half term spending time with their cousins.

Whist I do the cards and decorations for celebrations, my sister manages the cake department and she done a fab job at the weekend, making a stonker of a chocolate malteser cake for Dad as well as  some gorg gluten free cup cakes for my youngest Sam (parties are a bit of a nightmare when catering for a coeliac). I will share some photos, but it will have to be tomorrow as I can't find the camera lead at the moment!

For that reason I am going to share some cards from a couple of weeks ago that I haven't posted yet.
These cute little "for you" cards are made yet again with the sale a bration papers, but I am not going to apologise for it because I still love them! I have also used the "Apothecary Art" stamps set, this is actually the smallest one, my group have just bought the framelit dies to go with them, but It wasn't my turn to have them, so I cut these out easy enough with my snips. I was taught the patchwork background technique by Sarah at a workshop some time ago and often use it to make use of off cuts and scraps. Sarah is now demonstrating again after having gorgeous baby Summer last month and the countdown has begun for her first party, after her break, next Wednesday at my friend Pat's house! Can't wait to see what we will be making. (I may sneak my camera and take a pic of us all)

Anyway got to go, hope you like the cards, feel free to leave a comment.

Thanks for stopping by

Hayley

No comments: