Monday 7 May 2012

Hello and Welcome to my first ever blog!

Hi I am Hayley and very new to blogging! I enjoy looking at other crafters blogs for inpiration and thought I might give it ago. I love crafting and am a little obsessed with stampin up! products as you will see. I hope to post all of my crafty projects here as well news and pictures from my allotment.

This bank holiday weekend has been a bit of a washout with the rain meaning not much has happened on the plot apart from the odd bit of watering and picking. So me and the boys have been doing a little baking and I have been getting ahead with my crafting so that when the gorgeous Summer arrives I can be amongst the veggies.

Here is the first project I wanted to share:


I made this cute little cup cake card using the SU! scallop circle die for the big shot, although I use it in the cuttlebug. I simply cut it out on plain white card and cut it in half. Using the retired "Everyday Enchantment" DSP from the recent sale-a-bration and the scallop border punch I made the cup cake case. The rest of the materials are a miss match from my stash finished off with the cherry's stamped with the retired set "on a pedestal" and the happy birthday stamp from  the "happiest birthday wishes" hostess set, which I received free when I hosted a party for my Stampin Up! demo Sarah. You can view here blog here for tons of inspiration or to place an order, although her first baby is due tomorrow, so she maybe a little pre occupied for the next fews weeks. Good Luck Sarah! Anyway back to the card, I was really happy wth how it turned out, but will be making them entirely from SU! products next time as the colours are not quite as well matched as I would have liked.



These little bags are so cute, I have cut out and embossed the top note and then cut it in half width ways. I then made a template freehand for the bottom of the bag and then cut it out in the "beyond the garden" DSP. I added a little ribbon for the handle and a flower embelishment which I think are really pretty and surprisingly from poundland! Really simply, but perfect for little girls birthday's.

My last card for today is entirely SU! (well almost). the card base is "cajun craze" layered with a little bit of dark brown paper and then "more mustard" DSP. I have used "chocolate chip", the first ever ink pad I bought and still one of my favourites, with the "hopeful thoughts" stamp set and then embellished with leaves and ink splats from the "french foliage" set. I am not a lover of "cajun craze" and got it in a paper share, but actually I am really pleased with how it has come out.

And lastly for today, made with nothing at all from SU! here is the yummy gluten free banana loaf me and the boy's made. It really isn't bad!
Thats it for my first ever blog, thanks for reading ad hopefully see you back again soon.

No comments: