Tuesday 8 May 2012

Sushine and Slow Worms!

As the sun was out today, finally! it was straight down to the plot after the school run, whilst I was trying to get runners in and do a bit of weeding Sam (my youngest) was on his normal mission to find slow worms, which he succeeded in! He either always picks the dopey half dead ones or he is the slow worm whisperer of the isle of wight. He has been making them homes and feeding them slugs and when he goes back sometimes a few days later they are still there, he really seems to charm them.

I didn't take this one today, but here is a picky of my plot taken last week. I am glad it is zoomed out it looks like there are no weeds lol.
As you can see it is still quite sparse due to the lack of Sun, so much for the islands sub tropical climate! My fingers are now crossed that we do not get a frost or the runners will be gonners!

Needless to say there was no time for crafting today, but here is a card I made a couple of days ago, it was Finley's birthday at the end of April and I made a small bundle of these for him to write thanks.

I made this one with all SU! products. "Crumb Cake' and "old Olive" cardstock some of the retired sale-a-bration DSP and the daisies 2 die. The 'thank you' stamp in old olive is from one of the old hostess sets, "because I care", which has the lovely hyrdangia  in it. I am really pleased with these little cards and I am still in love with the daisies die, which as my friend pointed out the other day they are turning into my signature as they end up on a lot of my cards.

See you soon
Hx


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loving the blog Hayley ;0) Love the picture of Sam and Finley. Beautiful projects and will enjoy reading the updates about the allotment too ;0) xxx